Workshops and Classes
Workshop Classes in the County of Santa Cruz
Free Composting Workshops
- These workshops will discuss the principles of composting kitchen and yard wastes using backyard bins and vermicomposting (worm composting) techniques. You will learn how composting will improve your soil and aid in the health of your plants and vegetables, as well as reducing waste going to the landfill. Virtual workshops are led by a Certified Master Composter and Master Gardener and sponsored by the County of Santa Cruz Public Works Department.
- Upon completion of the workshop, GreenWaste Recovery customers are offered a free backyard composting bin or worm bin. Non customers may purchase a bin a discounted price.
- Basic Composting Workshops will be held on the dates/times listed below:
- WINTER 2021
- Saturday, January 9, 2021, 10 am - noon
- Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10 am - noon
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10 am - noon
- SPRING 2021
- Sunday, April 18, 2021, 1 pm - 3 pm
- Saturday, May 15, 2021, 10 am - noon
- Sunday, June 20, 2021, 1 pm - 3 pm
- WORMshop, an advanced class on worm composting (Geared for those with some experience composting) will be held periodically based on interest.
- Advanced Composting and Troubleshooting Workshops (Geared for those with some experience composting, and completion of the Basic Composting Workshop) will be held periodically based on interest.
Space is limited at these popular workshops; advance reservation required. Call (831) 824-6484 or sign up online at goo.gl/Fw6BaK. After submitting your request, you will be notified if you are accepted in the workshop.