Workshops and Classes
Workshop Classes in the County of Santa Cruz
Free Composting Workshops Coming in Spring, 2018!
These workshops will discuss the principles of composting kitchen and yard wastes using backyard bins and vermicomposting (worm composting) techniques. You will learn how composting will improve your soil and aid in the health of your plants and vegetables, as well as reducing waste going to the landfill. Hands-on workshops are led by a Certified Master Composter and Master Gardener and sponsored by the County of Santa Cruz Public Works Department.
- Upon completion of the workshop, GreenWaste Recovery customers are offered a free backyard composting bin or worm bin. Non customers may purchase a bin a discounted price.
- Basic Composting Workshops will be held on the following dates/times at the locations listed below:
- Saturday, March 24, 10 AM - 12 Noon at Pinto Lake Park, Watsonville
- Saturday, April 21, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM at Earth Day Celebration, San Lorenzo Park, Santa Cruz
- Sunday, April 22, 2 - 4 PM at Quail Hollow Ranch County Park, Felton
- Sunday, May 6, 2 - 4 PM at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
- Sunday, May 20, 2 - 4 PM at Aptos Village County Park
- Sunday, June 3, 2 - 4 PM at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
- Wormshop, an intensive class on worm composting techniques:
- Sunday, March 18, 2 PM - 4 PM at Live Oak Grange, Santa Cruz
Space is limited; advance reservation required. Call (831) 824-6484 or sign up online at goo.gl/Fw6BaK. After submitting your request, you will be notified if you are accepted in the workshop.